After discussing sock knitting with some friends, I find out that
- toe up socks are not very well known
- heels are worked mostly with flap and gusset, even if some know the inserted heel.
Here some sock knitting links: (a lot from knitty.com, my preferred knitting source)
- toe up socks: knitty.com with details for the toe, another one and yet another one.
- video how to knit socks on two circulars and the magic loop
- knittingtwo socks at the same time
- magic loop and two socks
- short row heel tutorials here and here (and I am sure you figure out for yourself how to conceal the wraps – if not watch it here
- finally the toe up sock on my todo list: Alice’s Illusion Socks